My Blog List

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

OMG!!!!


what a way for 2011 to go out. we had a sewer backup into our basement. (and it was a good one as far as those things go) what a whirlwind of activity it's been around here since then. between insurance agents, and clains adjustors, and restoration teams and plumbers it has been crazy. and throw me working 12 hour shifts in there and life has been fun. I am sure all of this is a blessing in disguise .... we're only given what we can handle right??

I was able to salvage video tapes of the kids when they were little and I think I have most of the photographs. all my scrapbook albums were up off the ground.... thank goodness!!! however many many things took a hit. (including a bit hit to my scrapbook stuff) the contents team is starting today to catalogue and remove everything.... or 90% of the entire basement.

this has been overwhelming at times and really, in the grand scheme of things, it's not that bad. no one was hurt and no one died so for that I am grateful especially with our family's track record in December. I am so very thankful for all the professionals that have been involved with this since the road began. I am amazed at how nice everyone is, and how they are there to make this as painless for us as possible. ....... for that, I am very very grateful!!!

1 comment:

  1. I remember when we had that happen 5 years ago just before Christmas. Glad you were able to save what you could.

    ReplyDelete