My Blog List

Friday, May 1, 2009

and the winner is......


it's May 1st. that date makes me very excited. I love May!! My garden comes back to life and that is one of my big passions. I wander about looking for life and I am amazed every year that the plants have returned. We have lots of maples on our little property and I love watching them come back to life too. Hubby planted an oak last fall and I am really excited to see that come back to life. I am not familiar with how oaks start in the spring so I go out and check the oak tree all the time for signs of life. The photo is of hubby and my brother planting the oak last fall. it was a really big tree to plant.... probably the biggest we have planted so far..... man, we love a challenge don't we! I am such a country girl at heart!!

May 1st has me excited for another reason..... the guest designer contest closed last night at the Paper Passion and is being announced today. I applied..... wish me luck!! they are a great group of girls and whoever gets to be their guest designer for the next 2 months is increadibly fortunate. The first ever crop is also starting today at the Paper Passion..... you gotta check it out.... it is going to be soooooo much fun.

1 comment: